So a few weeks ago, I told you my story about some of the worst experiences I’ve ever had at FOX 10. This time, I’m going to share my thoughts with you about some of the best things I’ve come to appreciate as an intern. First and foremost, i treasure being in the news industry. There’s no greater feeling coming into work everyday not knowing what to expect. I love the fact that I can do my job and be informed of the news on a daily basis. Not one newscast is ever the same. Some days I’ll be in the studio floor directing while the anchors profess some of the best news stories I’ve ever heard. So if you ever get a chance to come down to FOX 10, you’ll usually find me with a smile on my face. That’s one of the things I’ve learned and that I’m happy to say about my job. Another great part about my job is that I get to meet interesting people all the time! When I first started my internship, one of the first notable people I got the chance to meet was Jan Brewer, the governor of Arizona. I was completely shocked to experience something like that. I thought to myself ‘I’m only an intern, I’m not supposed to experience things like this.’ Beyond Jan Brewer, I’ve been able to meet a number of athletes and political figures. This was one part of the job that I never expected to see in my days as an intern, but I’m sure glad I’ve met the kinds of people that I have. I’m grateful to have an internship that I enjoy as much as I do because I know there are internships out there that people dread on a day-to-day basis. With that being said, I’d like to know what you enjoy about your internship? What do you get out of being an intern?
September 28, 2011
The Best Part About Being an Intern
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 at 6:01 pm and posted in Intern stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- I ran out of jobsSeven years ago I was an unemployed college grad with an idea that I thought would help people like me find cool companies to work for. It turned out to be a pretty good idea. Just look at our list of success stories (and these are only the ones from people who took the time […]
- DetourI usually have a really bad attitude about tourist attractions, so when my wife and I were in San Francisco a couple weeks ago I was a little annoyed when she asked me if I wanted to do a self-guided audio tour at Fisherman’s Wharf. I would have said no, but it was through a […]
- UtilidataIt’s easy to take electricity for granted. When we plug something in, it usually works. If it doesn’t, the problem probably isn’t with the outlet (though I have had that happen). Our electric system has been around for well over a century, which is why it’s so reliable. However, keeping it up to date still […]
- LuaIf there is any skill that is necessary across all kinds of jobs, its the ability communicate effectively. While communication is a skill that can definitely be taught and developed, it’s much easier to nurture when you’re using the right tools. That’s why work communication tools have always been a big business. Some of the […]
- The Business BackerIt’s never been easier to start a business with no capital at all. It’s also never been easier to raise millions of dollars for an idea. But what about the businesses that fall somewhere in-between? Whether you’re opening a restaurant, salon, dental office, or auto shop, you’re probably going to need outside financing. There are […]
- The Institute for Humane StudiesWhile the United States may not hold the patent on freedom, I’m pretty sure that we hold the trademark. Freedom and liberty are a huge part of our national identity, though a nation, almost by definition, imposes limits on freedom. That’s generally where political differences arise from–how much and what types of freedom should be […]
- Juvenile Law CenterHave any of you seen the movie North? Roger Ebert said, “North is a bad film – one of the worst movies ever made” (and Siskel agreed). I sheepishly admit that I liked it. It’s about a kid who sues his parents so that he can be a free agent and have potential new parents […]
- CompStakWhile the residential real estate market is often driven by emotion and hype (as the season premier of Million Dollar Listing L.A. reminded me), that’s not nearly as true when it comes to commercial real estate. The market for commercial properties is much more data driven, but getting your hands on the right data to […]
- VictoriousI don’t watch a lot of YouTube, but I go on occasional binges. Most of the people who are “YouTube famous” annoy the heck out of me, but I do have one favorite. It’s The Food Reviewer… he does “reviews on the YouTube… you never knew such a cool dude…” I have no idea why […]
- Sprout SocialFor most of us social media is a time waster. It’s mindless entertainment that fills in gaps in our days. But for some people it’s a job. For them the mobile app just won’t do. They need power tools to manage all of their social media accounts, and that’s exactly what Sprout Social offers. They’re […]
- I ran out of jobs